Riverside Playground Amenities and Access
Rockhampton Regional Council is constructing an accessible amenities and inclusive pathways to link the Riverside park to the playground area.
Design and Construct the following structures:
- Pathway - an all abilities pathway to all levels of playground
- Amenities facility that includes three unisex cubicles. Note: One cubicle will be wheelchair accessible with a baby change station
- The strategic placement near the CBD Riverside Playground meets community needs.
- The all-abilities toilet will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities such as those with vision impairment and people using mobility aids.
- Changing place will provide a facility for people who require a change table.
- Project start: March 2020
- Contractor: Hutchinson Builders
- Completion date: July 2020
- Budget: $1,090,000
- Funding: Works for Queensland
*Schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen weather, site and contractor conditions.
Thank you to all residents for your cooperation and patience during these works.