Submit a Complaint

Online requests are only monitored during business hours, 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays. For urgent matters contact Council's After Hours call Centre on (07) 49329000 or 1300 22 55 77.  

If you have a problem, issue or concern about the services, decisions or actions of Rockhampton Regional Council, we would like to hear about it.

Complaints management policy

 Council has a complaints management policy to ensure all complaints are dealt with in a fair and efficient manner. Your comments provide us with valuable feedback to allow for continuous customer service improvement. Your complaint will be managed in accordance with the principles of The Information Privacy Act 2009 and Rockhampton Regional Council Privacy Plan.

All you have to do is let us know about your complaint and we will direct your concern to the business area best able to deal with it. 

If you require further information about the Complaints Management Policy and Complaint Management Process, please click here.

What is a complaint?

 A complaint is an expression of “customers” dissatisfaction regarding a Council decision or service. Dissatisfaction may arise from the service provided by Council.

How can I make a complaint?

Please choose the most convenient way to make a complaint from those listed below.

Please note that should you choose to report a complaint anonymously, we will not be able to respond to you.

What information is required to lodge a complaint?

 If your complaint is handled by Council, you will need to provide:

  • Your name, address and phone number - this information is kept confidential.
  • Nuisance description - the date, time and source address.
  • Anonymous complaints maybe lodged, however please remember that this does not provide council with an avenue to provide feedback to you. (Customer name is not mandatory).

What assistance is available to make a complaint?

If this information is not in your language, assistance is available by calling the National Translating and Interpreting Service (NTIS) on 131 450. Advise the NTIS of your preferred language and ask to speak with the Rockhampton Regional Council Customer Service on 1300 225 577 or 4932 9000.

If assistance is required because of a hearing or speech impairment, please contact the National Relay Service on 133 677. If you can speak and hear but sometimes people have trouble understanding you, the number to call at the Relay Service is 1300 555 727.

All complaints will be entered into Council’s Complaints Register. Any staff member or Councillor that receives a complaint must follow the procedure as set out in Council’s Complaints Management Policy.

How your complaint will be investigated?

Council will direct your complaint to business area

  • That business area will investigate the issue and respond directly to you.
  • A Council officer may contact you to discuss your concerns or to ask for further information
  • Council will respond to your complaint, giving the reasons for our view.
  • In some cases, your complaint may be reviewed by an independent Council officer if other avenues of investigation have been exhausted.

How long will it take?

Council will do its best to resolve your complaint at ‘first point’ of contact, however you should allow 14-45 days, depending on the nature and complexity of your complaint. You should be aware that by lodging a complaint, the matter will not  automatically be suspended or put on hold.

How can I take further action?

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your concerns, you have the right to take your complaint to an external agency, such as the Queensland Ombudsman or Judicial Review.

Submit a Complaint Form

Privacy Notice: The information you supply via this online form will be used for the purpose of responding to your feedback, or to resolve your concern or request. Your personal details will not be disclosed to any other person or agency external to Council without your consent unless required or authorised by law.

Please note that should you choose to report a complaint anonymously, we will not be able to respond to you. 

Is it a hazard or safety issue? * (required)

Have you reported this previously? * (required)

You can also contact Council by phone, email, fax, mail or social media. See our Contact Us page for more information.