Careers at Council
Rockhampton has 35.7% of Central Queensland’s population. It is a city that is driven to solidify its reputation as a place where achieving work/life balance is not just an ambition but a reality.
Rockhampton is the perfect place to grow a family, build a career and lead a full life. It’s somewhere you can learn, explore, enjoy, thrive, connect, and most importantly, it’s somewhere to belong. The city boasts affordable housing, quality education, high level health care, a thriving arts and culture scene and is a sports and recreation hotspot. Rockhampton’s central location provides easy access to the countries major centres and is an hour’s drive away from the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
Thinking of Relocating?
If you are new to, or looking to relocate to the region, Rockhampton Regional Council has a great resource, Live Rockhampton to help you on your way to settling in our beautiful region. You can find information here on living, working and playing in the stunning Rockhampton Region.
Working at Council
Rockhampton Regional Council offers its employees a balance of rewarding roles, career development opportunities, a commitment to providing a healthy and safe work environment and has a values driven culture.
All employees work towards making our community, a place in which we want to live, work, learn, play and invest. Council’s values underpin the strong driven culture which is critical to providing a high level of service to our community. Council’s employees are committed to working towards achieving the following values:
- Customer Focused;
- People Development;
- One Team; and,
- Continuous Improvement.
Rockhampton Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes a diverse workforce made up of employees of different backgrounds and experiences.
There are some great benefits of working for Council, including:
- A generous superannuation scheme – 12% for employees contributing 6%, total 18% (conditions apply)
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Paid parental leave (conditions apply)
- 9 day fortnight
- Uniforms and PPE supplied if required
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport