With Stage 3 of lifting COVID-19 restrictions all Rockhampton Regional Council library branches have reopened. Please note that all libraries are operating at reduced days and hours so be sure to check the information below for the branch you will be visiting. We realise our current opening hours won’t suit everyone. If your branch is closed when you would like to visit, why not check out the huge range of online content available to you instead.
Our staff thank you for your patience and understanding during these changes.
Library operating days/hours
Southside Library | 230 Bolsover Street, South Rockhampton
Monday – Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Gracemere Library | 1 Ranger Street, Gracemere
Monday – Wednesday 9am - 4.30pm
Mount Morgan Library | 31 Morgan Street, Mount Morgan
Tuesday – Thursday 9am - 1pm & 2pm - 5pm
Northside Library | 154 Berserker Street, North Rockhampton
Wednesday – Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Changes to Access
- Social distancing and increased hygiene measures
- Limited number of library members in the building at a time
- Newspapers unavailable
- No events, training, storytime, or programs
- 6 week loans, 1 renewal (on renewable items)
- Loan limit of 20 items (including 5 DVDs) per card
- Holds can be placed for pick-up at all branches
- Takeaway Library service at Southside ONLY
- Magazines, toys and sports equipment not available
- Return items to external returns chutes (except for Mt Morgan - internal chute only)
- Returned items quarantined for 24 hrs
Don't forget about our online services! For full details on the digital services currently accessible with your library membership click here. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with any of the online platforms. Also don't forget to follow our Facebook page for great content for all ages.