Planning Assumptions Report
The Planning Assumptions Report is a set of land use and forecast growth assumptions for the Rockhampton Regional Council local government area. It is based on the outcomes of a detailed allotment based Planning Assumptions Model. This report was updated in 2017 to inform the Local Government Infrastructure Plan, Part 4 of the Rockhampton Region Planning Scheme. It is important to note that some detail differs between the report and the Rockhampton Region Planning Scheme as a result of the planning scheme major amendment commencing 25 November 2019.
View the Planning Assumptions Report(PDF, 4MB)
Planning Studies and their recommendations are key inputs for development planning for our Region. However they do not necessarily represent the final policy of Council as there are other relevant inputs such as community feedback and Council strategies to also consider.
- Commercial Centres Study 2010(PDF, 5MB)
- Commercial Centres Study 2021(PDF, 10MB)
- Economic Development and Employment Study(PDF, 4MB)
- Heritage and Character Study(PDF, 3MB)
- Industrial Land Use Study(PDF, 12MB)
- Natural Environment Study 2019(PDF, 18MB)
- Natural Environment Study 2010(PDF, 15MB)
- Natural Hazards and Climate Change Study(PDF, 12MB)
- Population and Residential Study(PDF, 2MB)
- Population and Residential Study - Appendices(PDF, 2MB)
- Rural Lands Study(PDF, 65MB)