Rockhampton Regional Council offers a work experience program providing students with on the job experience and the opportunity to explore career options.
Work experience students will experience working life, which will enhance their job application and assist them an interview process. Students will be placed in their desired area of Council (if applicable) and will observe and learn throughout the work experience period.
All work experience placements are unpaid and unfortunately not all placements can be accepted. The availability of work experience placements is dependent on Council’s business requirements. Work Experience cannot be provided in the following areas of Council:
- within a team that may pose a risk to personal injury and/or illness;
- where special licencing is required;
- within teams that are responsible for housing or the care of animals.
To be eligible for Council’s work experience program you must be a:
- Secondary school student who is at least 14 years of age;
- Tertiary/Higher Education student who is required to complete mandatory work experience;
- participant of an employment program (i.e. Work for the Dole)
Work experience placements need to be covered for public liability and personal accident insurance by a recognised educational institution or organisation. Council will require copies of this documentation prior to the commencement of a work experience placement.
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the online application Work Experience Application Form(PDF, 296KB). Application forms must be submitted no later than four (4) weeks prior to the requested placement.
If you are not currently registered in an employment program or studying, you may be interested in Council's Volunteer Program.
For further information regarding work experience with Rockhampton Regional Council, please contact the Workforce and Strategy team on (07) 4936 8266 or by emailing email@example.com