Dog Off Leash Areas
Are you a proud pet parent looking for the perfect spot to let your furry friend run, play, and socialise off-leash? Look no further! Our region boasts a range of designated dog off-leash areas, ensuring that your canine companion can enjoy the great outdoors safely and responsibly.
Discover Rockhampton's Dog Off-Leash Areas (link to each park)
- Southern precinct of Kershaw Gardens (12-month Trial)
- Eddie Baker Park Norman Gardens (12-month Trial)
- Remembrance Park n Gracemere (12-month Trial)
- All Blacks Park
- Duthie Park
- No 7 dam
- Ted Price Park
- Victoria Park
- Georgeson Oval
- Kershaw Gardens (Central)
Why Choose Rockhampton's Dog Off-Leash Areas?
- Safety First: Our off-leash areas are securely fenced, providing a safe environment for your dogs to explore and make new friends without the worry of them running off.
- Community Bonding: These spaces are not just for your furry friends; they are also fantastic places for you to connect with fellow dog lovers. Share stories, exchange training tips, and watch your pets thrive in a supportive community.
- Exercise and Mental Stimulation: Dogs, just like humans, need regular exercise to stay healthy and happy. Our off-leash areas offer ample space for your pets to run, jump, and engage in interactive play, promoting physical fitness and mental well-being.
- Responsible Pet Ownership: Using designated off-leash areas encourages responsible pet ownership. By allowing your dogs to roam freely within these designated spaces, you are contributing to a cleaner, greener, and more harmonious Rockhampton.
Rules for Responsible Enjoyment
Council's Local Law requires all dogs to be on a leash at all times when in public places, except in a designated off-leash area.
While in an off leash area it is the owner's responsibility to ensure the dog is under effective control at all times. It is important that you monitor your dog's behaviour and ensure it does not cause a nuisance or become aggressive to other people or dogs.
Always clean up after your pet, even in off-leash areas, and scoop the poop! If you leave your pet's droppings in a public place you may receive an on the spot fine. Being a responsible pet owner means that you care about the actions of your dog.
Council has adopted a few simple rules to make your visit to these off leash areas pleasant for you, your dog and other park users:
- All dogs must have a valid Council registration tag attached to their collar.
- Ensure you comply with all signs and boundaries and carry a leash at all times. You must leash your dog immediately if aggressive behaviour is demonstrated.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times prior to entering and upon leaving the off leash areas.
- Dogs must be under voice or signal control and in sight at all times. If your dog does not respond immediately, retrieve and leash it.
- Keep your dog in the area designated so as not to destroy plants, wildlife and other resources in the park.
- Respect other park users and clean up after your dog and place waste in the bins provided. Also fill in holes your dog digs as they create a safety hazard for others.
- Dogs must not be off leash within 25 metres of a dog obedience area while classes are underway.
- Dogs with a history of aggressive behaviour or declared dangerous dogs must be muzzled at all times when in a public place.
- Dogs excluded from designated areas include regulated dogs and female dogs on heat.
Join the Paw-sitive Community Today!
Rockhampton's dog off-leash areas offer more than just a place for your pets to play; they provide an opportunity to be part of a vibrant and caring community. So, grab your leash, gather your furry companions, and come experience the joy of seeing tails wag and dogs play freely in our beautiful city.