The Planning Act 2016 requires certain development applications to be publicly notified by publishing a notice in a newspaper, placing a notice on land and giving notice to adjoining owners, in the way set out in the Development Assessment Rules (DA Rules). For further information on public notification requirements, please see the Guide to public notification of development and change applications(PDF, 2MB).
Applications in Public Notification
Below you can find the development applications currently in Public Notification.
Public Notification Period
||Material Change of Use for a Place of Worship (Samadhi Buddhist Temple)
||15 Jellicoe Street, Port Curtis - Lots 27 and 28 on RP600807
||16 December 2019 to 22 January 2020
||Application Documents(PDF, 23MB)
||Material Change of Use for a High Impact Industry and Environmentally Relevant Activity 62 (Resource Recovery and Transfer Facility Operation)
||4 Featherstone Street, Parkhurst - Lot 1 on RP617306
||17 January 2020 to 11 February 2020
||Application Documents(PDF, 22MB)
Making a Submission
Should you wish to make a submission about an application, you may:
- post your submission to PO Box 1860, Rockhampton, QLD, 4700; or
Please note your submission must be a 'properly made submission' to gain rights to appeal any decision to the Planning and Environment Court.
A properly made submission must:
- be in writing and signed by each person who made the submission (unless made electronically)
- be made before the end of the public notification period
- state the name and residential or business address of each person who made the submission
- state one postal or electronic address for service relating to the submission for all the submission-makers
- state the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds
- be made to the assessment manager
Please see the Guide to making a submission about a development application(PDF, 88KB) to assist you in making a submission.