Blackspot Traffic Light Installation
Installation of traffic lights and a pedestrian crossing at the Richardson Road access to Primewest Rockhampton, formerly Red Hill Homemaker Centre has improved the safety of motorists and pedestrians.
- Upgrade the intersection to a three leg signalised intersection
- The three signal phases will include a signalised pedestrian crossing to the complex entrance and Richardson Road eastern approach.
- Signals will include a right turn lane for a designated right turn arrow the Richardson Road western approach and left turn lane for Richardson Road eastern approach.
- Ease congestion and reduce traffic related accidents
- Increase driver and pedestrian safety and level of service
This project was funded by the Federal Government's Black Spot Program