Blackspot Traffic Light Installation
Rockhampton Regional Council is installing traffic lights and a pedestrian crossing at Richardson Road access to Primewest Rockhampton, formerly Red Hill Homemaker Centre.
- Upgrade the intersection to a three leg signalised intersection
- The three signal phases will include a signalised pedestrian crossing to the complex entrance and Richardson Rd eastern approach.
- Signals will include a right turn lane for a designated right turn arrow the Richardson Rd western approach and left turn lane for Richardson Rd eastern approach.
- Ease congestion and reduce traffic related accidents
- Increase driver & pedestrian safety and level of service
- Project start: February 2020
- Contractor: Vassallo Constructions
- Completed on schedule: June 2020
- Budget: $830,500
- Funding: Australian Government's Black Spot Program
Thank you to all residents for your cooperation and patience during these works.