Botanic Gardens Pathways Project
- Replace existing clay paver paths with concrete pathways and permeable paving.
- Widened path for all-abilities access.
- Permeable paving encourages water to infiltrate through the pavement surface and substructure to the ground below, easing the pressure on these already overburdened systems.
- Allows water and air access to roots of vegetation.
- Water and air circulation can assist in reducing heat island effects.
- A wider pathway to accommodate people using prams, mobility scooters and wheelchairs.
- A wider pathway to allow for turning and passing.
- Renewed pathways will improve general accessibility to the public.
This project was made possible with Works for Queensland funding.