Schools Calendar Competition
The Rockhampton Regional Council Sustainability in Action! Schools Calendar Competition is designed to recognise and celebrate sustainability in action at your school!
Whether your school is making reusable bags, participating in tree planting, developing solar powered vehicles, installing solar panels, exploring water re-use, learning how to look after creeks, composting, tending to vegetable and food gardens, recycling right, reducing food waste, holding nude food days, implementing litter reduction activities, doing nature craft or taking other sustainability actions, we want to hear from you.
View the Sustainability in Action! Schools Calendar Competition flyer(PDF, 1MB)
The Sustainability in Action! Schools Calendar Competition opens on Monday 30th July and entries are to be submitted by 5pm Friday 31st August 2018.
Win prizes for your school
- All schools that submit an entry will receive a sustainability prize pack and an allocation of the 2019 Sustainability in Action! calendar.
- Twelve winning entries will be recognised as ‘sustainability champions’ and will feature in the 2019 Sustainability in Action! calendar.
- As a sustainability champion, you’ll also win a $200 cheque to support future sustainability actions within your school plus your choice of a raised garden bed, compost tumbler or worm farm.
Capturing 'Sustainability in Action!' at your school
You are invited to submit photographic images that demonstrate your students participating in ‘Sustainability in Action’, with a key focus on the following monthly calendar themes:
- Minimising food waste
- Energy efficiency and power savings
- Composting and worm farms
- Planting and learning about native plants
- Encouraging wildlife and wildlife habitat
- Recycling right with yellow lid bins
- Looking after stormwater drains and creeks
- Growing your own fruit and vegetables
- Reducing plastic use and packaging
- Reusing and upcycling materials
- Water use and water efficiency
- Green gift giving and ecofriendly festive decorations
How to enter
All entries are to be submitted in accordance with the Conditions of Entry found in the Sustainability in Action Schools Calendar Competition Entry Form(PDF, 332KB).
All photographs must be given a title, description of the sustainability action demonstrated in the photo and a quote from student/s (100 words or less) about the importance of this sustainability action.
Submit your full colour, landscape, digital (JPEG) photograph and entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 31st August 2018.
Winners will be publicly announced and awarded at Council's Tropicana event on Sunday 7th October 2018.