Sustainability in Action Photo Competition
The Rockhampton Regional Council Sustainability in Action Photo Competition is designed to recognise and celebrate the ways our local households and schools are putting sustainability into action in their everyday lives.
Whether you’re fighting food waste, recycling right, using active transport, finding energy efficiencies, being water wise or looking after our local habitat and waterways, this competition is for you.
The competition is now open to all Rockhampton Region residents and schools!
There are two categories 'Household' and 'School' with prizes to be won for each.
Use the below forms to read the competition conditions then submit your entry by 5pm, 4 August 2023!
PDF Entry Forms are available here.
Submit photographic images that demonstrate your household and school participating in ‘Sustainability in Action’, with a key focus on the following themes:
- Reducing single use plastic,
- Caring for our catchment,
- Finding energy efficiencies,
- Growing your own fruit and vegetables,
- Fighting food waste,
- Active and sustainable transport,
- Planting and caring for native plants,
- Reusing and upcycling,
- Encouraging wildlife and habitat,
- Being water wise,
- Recycling right with yellow lid bins,
- Green gift giving and festivities.
- Winning households and schools will be recognised as ‘sustainability champions’ and will feature in the 2023 Living Sustainably program.
- As a sustainability champion, you’ll also win $200 to support future sustainability actions within your household and school.
Check out the Sustainability in Action Photo Competition Poster(PDF, 2MB).
The Sustainability in Action Photo Competition runs annually so keep capturing sustainability in action!