Schools Calendar Competition
The Rockhampton Regional Council Sustainability in Action! Schools Calendar Competition is designed to recognise and celebrate sustainability in action at your school.
Whether its making reusable bags, participating in tree planting, developing solar powered vehicles, installing solar panels, exploring water re-use, learning how to look after creeks, composting, tending to vegetable and food gardens, recycling right, reducing food waste, holding nude food days, implementing litter reduction activities, doing nature craft or taking other sustainability actions, schools are at the forefront of educating the next generation about environmental sustainability.
The Schools Calendar Competition is open from Monday 3rd August 2020 so start capturing your students and educators putting sustainability into action at your school!
Submit your digital (JPG) photograph/s and entry form by 5pm Friday 18th September 2020.
How to enter
Entering is easy. Simply fill in the online form or download the entry form found on Council’s website. Submit your digital (JPG) photograph/s and entry form by 5pm Friday 18th September 2020.
All entries are to be submitted in accordance with the Conditions of Entry so please ensure all photographs are given a title, a description of the sustainability action demonstrated in the photo and a quote from student/s (100 words or less) about the importance of this sustainability action.
Online Entry Form - Schools Calendar Competition Online Entry Form
PDF Entry Form - Schools Calendar Competition Entry Form
Win prizes for your school
- All schools that submit an entry will receive a class set of reusable water bottles and an allocation of the 2021 community calendar.
- Winning entries will be recognised as ‘sustainability champions’ and will feature in the 2021 community calendar.
- As a sustainability champion, you’ll also win $200 to support future sustainability actions within your school plus a school sustainability pack filled with sustainability related library and garden resources.
Capturing 'Sustainability in Action!' at your school
Submit photographic images that demonstrate your students participating in ‘Sustainability in Action’, with a key focus on the following monthly calendar themes:
- Minimising food waste
- Energy efficiency and power savings
- Composting and worm farms
- Planting and learning about native plants
- Encouraging wildlife and wildlife habitat
- Recycling right with yellow lid bins
- Looking after stormwater drains and creeks
- Growing your own fruit and vegetables
- Reducing plastic use and packaging
- Reusing and upcycling materials
- Water use and water efficiency
- Green gift giving and ecofriendly festive decorations
Check out the Schools Calendar Competition sustainability champions that featured in the 2020 Sustainability in Action! Community Calendar.
Download the 2020 Sustainability in Action! Rockhampton Region Community Calendar(PDF, 17MB)