Schools Calendar Competition
The Rockhampton Regional Council Sustainability in Action! Schools Calendar Competition is designed to recognise and celebrate sustainability in action at your school.
Whether its making reusable bags, participating in tree planting, developing solar powered vehicles, installing solar panels, exploring water re-use, learning how to look after creeks, composting, tending to vegetable and food gardens, recycling right, reducing food waste, holding nude food days, implementing litter reduction activities, doing nature craft or taking other sustainability actions, schools are at the forefront of educating the next generation about environmental sustainability.
Congratulations to the following Schools Calendar Competition champions that feature in the 2020 Sustainability in Action! Community Calendar:
Win prizes for your school
- All schools that submit an entry will receive a sustainability prize pack and an allocation of the 2020 Sustainability in Action! calendar.
- Twelve winning entries will be recognised as ‘sustainability champions’ and will feature in the 2020 Sustainability in Action! calendar.
- As a sustainability champion, you’ll also win a $200 prize to support future sustainability actions within your school plus your choice of a raised garden bed, compost tumbler or worm farm.
Capturing 'Sustainability in Action!' at your school
Submit photographic images that demonstrate your students participating in ‘Sustainability in Action’, with a key focus on the following monthly calendar themes:
- Minimising food waste
- Energy efficiency and power savings
- Composting and worm farms
- Planting and learning about native plants
- Encouraging wildlife and wildlife habitat
- Recycling right with yellow lid bins
- Looking after stormwater drains and creeks
- Growing your own fruit and vegetables
- Reducing plastic use and packaging
- Reusing and upcycling materials
- Water use and water efficiency
- Green gift giving and ecofriendly festive decorations
How to enter
The Sustainability in Action! Schools Calendar Competition closed 5pm Friday 28th June 2019.
View and download the Sustainability in Action! Schools Calendar Competition Entry Form under the Other section on Council's Customer Forms page.
All entries were submitted in accordance with the Conditions of Entry found in the Sustainability in Action Schools Calendar Competition Entry Form. All photographs were given a title, description of the sustainability action demonstrated in the photo and a quote from student/s (100 words or less) about the importance of this sustainability action. Winners of the 2019 Sustainability in Action! Schools Calendar Competition have been announced and awarded prizes and feature in the 2020 Sustainability in Action! Rockhampton Region Community Calendar.