Water notices and billing

Fitzroy River Water issues property owners or tenants within the Rockhampton Region with a quarterly Water Usage Notice or Tenants Advice Only. Each includes detailed meter readings, consumption figures and relative graphs.

Water Usage Notice

This is for the property owner and states the amount of water used at the property, and the cost owing.

Property owners are required to pay the water access charges outlined on the Water Usage Notices. Residents who are renting should check their tenancy agreement with their Real Estate relating to water service charges as the resident may be required to pay access charges.

The How do I read my Water Notice Fact Sheet(PDF, 626KB) explains how to read your Water Usage Notice.

Council can now send your water usage notice direct to your inbox with eNotices. See the FAQs on the Rates Page of Councils website for details on how to opt-in to receive your notices via email. You can then download, save, print or just leave the notices in your inbox to access and pay on the go. 

Tenant Advice Notice

This is for the tenants of properties that are not owner occupied and does not require any action. These notices act as a tool for tenants to track and monitor their water usage. 

It is a legislative requirement, in accordance with the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act, for Rockhampton Regional Council to send Tenant Advice Only water notices to properties that are not owner occupied.

Water pricing structure

Residential customers will be charged a quarterly tiered consumption rate.  Charging for each quarter will be based on the graduated water usage tiers below;

  • 0 to 75kL (at the cheapest rate)
  • 76-150kL (at a medium rate)
  • over 150kL (at a high rate set to discourage excessive usage).

Each layer of allocation is applied cumulatively over a three month period meaning that at the commencement of each new quarter, bills will reset to commence calculating from the cheapest rate again.

Non-residential customers will be charged on a single tier consumption charge.  The current consumption charges can be found on the Water Access and Consumption Charges Fact Sheet.(PDF, 854KB)

How to pay your Water Usage Notice

Water Notices can be paid in person or via phone through Council’s Customer Service Centres, online payments can be made using Bpoint, and payments may also be made using Australia Post's Post Billpay system.