Environmental grant opportunities
There are many ways that local residents and groups can strengthen our community capacity to live sustainably.
To support community-led environment and sustainability initiatives, and further the objectives of Council’s Environmental Sustainability Strategy, an Environment and Sustainability grant category is available under Council’s Community Assistance Program.
Eligible projects may include initiatives that:
1. Protect, maintain and enhance our natural environment including:
- Community education and awareness activities that increase the community’s understanding and value of our natural environment;
- Works projects that improve natural habitat, riparian corridors and waterways; or
- Conservation of native flora or fauna species.
2. Strengthen our community capacity to live sustainably including:
- Community education and awareness activities that increase the community’s understanding of local environmental sustainability issues, impacts and opportunities;
- Capacity-building workshops and events;
- Targeted energy, water or waste efficiency programs; or
- Practical community projects.
Applicants may apply for grants of up to $3,000. Council funding should make up not more than 50% of the expected project costs. The applicant’s contribution may be in the form of cash, other funding assistance or ‘in kind’ support (such as voluntary labour).
Visit the Community Assistance Program page to access the Environment and Sustainability Scheme Application Form, including fact sheet and associated Acquittal Report.