Trainee and Apprenticeships
A trainee or apprenticeship is a good opportunity to enter the workforce or change careers. As a trainee or apprentice you will gain valuable work experience, learn new skills on (in the workplace) and off the job (in a classroom), while undertaking a nationally recognised qualification.
Rockhampton Regional Council offers a number of trainee and apprenticeships each year depending on the business requirements. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Apprentice Gardener
- Apprentice Mechanic
- Apprentice Fitter and Turner
- Apprentice Mechanical Fitter
- Business Administration Trainee
- Civil Construction Trainee
- Warehouse Trainee
- Safety Trainee
To be eligible for any apprenticeship or traineeship, applicants must be:
- Aged 15 years or older and no longer at school.
- Able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake a traineeship.
Government Funded Positions
Rockhampton Regional Council traineeship and apprenticeship opportunities are made available with the assistance of government funding. These positions are subject to further eligibility requirements.
Applicants must meet one of the following identified disadvantage groups (you can meet more than one requirement):
- Young people (aged 15 – 24 years)
- People with disability
- Long-term unemployed job seekers
- Displaced workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Women re-entering the workforce
- Mature-age job seekers (45 years or older)
- Veterans and ex-service personnel
- Migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Rockhampton Regional Council has a yearly intake for the following year's trainees and apprentices however may, depending on business requirements, recruit for a vacancy at any time throughout the year.
To ensure you do not miss out on such a valuable opportunity you can create a recruitment account and register for a job alert. This will ensure you will be notified of vacancies as soon as they are advertised.
For more information on Council trainee and apprentice program please contact the Workforce and Governance team on (07) 4936 8352 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org