Road closures

All current road closures, large infrastructure projects and works program items for the current financial year are detailed in the Works and Projects page.

To search for works in your area, click here

Road Closures


If Council is required to close a road to carry out repairs to a section of road, this closure is advertised as a Public Notice in the local newspaper, on Council’s website, and may also be advertised on local radio stations.  


Road closure updates as a result of wet weather events can be found under latest news.

State closed roads are listed on the Main Roads website at You may also wish to follow the Queensland Police Facebook Page. 

What do I need to do if I want request to close a road?

If a road closure is required for an event such as a public celebration or street parade please:

  • Contact Queensland Police if it is a State controlled road
  • Contact Council’s Infrastructure team if it is a Council controlled road.

If you intend to vend on a road/footpath or use it as a temporary entertainment venue, you also need to contact Council's Local Laws Unit for approval and a permit. 

Council will provide and erect signage for road closures at the site.

If you are selling food at the event you also need to contact Environment and Public Health for a temporary licence.  Apply for a licence using the Application for Food Business Licence(PDF, 64KB).