Mount Morgan Cemetery
Established more than 120 years ago, the Mount Morgan Cemetery is steeped in history. The monumental section of the cemetery is heritage listed and contains many examples of fine monumental craftsmanship, cultural diversity and historical significance. Such examples include the Linda Memorial, erected in 1909 in memory of miners who perished in disastrous mining accidents, to the Chinese Heung Lew or incense burner.
Today most burials take place in the lawn section of the cemetery which was added to the cemetery in recent years.
Services available include:
- Burials in the lawn section (no pre-purchase/reservations available)
- Burials in pre-purchase or reserved graves (including monumental area)
- Ashes interments in ashes wall
- Ashes interments in pre-existing or reserved graves
- Memorial Wall for plaques to remember loved ones who’s graves are unknown
- Full set up for burials and ashes interments
Burnett Highway, Mount Morgan
Monday - Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm
After hours, weekend / public holiday services only available by special arrangement and will incur extra fees and charges.
Sunrise to Sunset
Limited fresh or artificial flowers to be placed on the beam or grave cover only in non-breakable receptacles
(07) 4936 8374