Schools Sustainability in Action Competition
The Rockhampton Regional Council Schools Sustainability in Action Competition is designed to recognise and celebrate sustainability in action at your school.
Whether its making reusable bags, participating in tree planting, developing solar powered vehicles, installing solar panels, exploring water re-use, learning how to look after creeks, composting, tending to vegetable and food gardens, recycling right, reducing food waste, holding nude food days, implementing litter reduction activities, doing nature craft or taking other sustainability actions, schools are at the forefront of educating the next generation about environmental sustainability.
Congratulations to the following 2022 Schools Sustainability in Action - Sustainability Champion Schools:
Win prizes for your school
- All schools that submit an entry receive a sustainability pack.
- Winning schools will be recognised as ‘sustainability champions’ and will feature in the 2023 Living Sustainably program and resources.
- As a sustainability champion, you’ll also win $200 to support future sustainability actions within your school plus a school sustainability pack.
Capturing 'Sustainability in Action' at your school
Submit photographic images that demonstrate your students participating in ‘Sustainability in Action’, with a key focus on the following monthly calendar themes:
- Reducing single use plastic,
- Caring for our catchment,
- Finding energy efficiency and power savings,
- Growing your own fruit and vegetables,
- Organics composting and worm farms,
- Sustainable transport,
- Planting and learning about native plants,
- Reusing and upcycling materials,
- Encouraging wildlife and wildlife habitat,
- Improving water efficiency,
- Recycling right with yellow lid bins,
- Green gift giving and ecofriendly festive decorations.
The Schools Sustainability in Action Competition runs annually so keep capturing sustainability in action at your school!