Roll up your sleeves this Sunday!
Published on 05 March 2021
It’s time to roll up your sleeves and help keep our Region clean this Sunday 7 March!
Waste and Recycling Portfolio Councillor Shane Latcham said it is fantastic to see how many community groups had stepped up to host a site.
“As of today, there are 10 sites hosted across our Region, from Mount Morgan to Gracemere, Mount Archer and the Rockhampton CBD,” Cr Latcham said.
“This means that wherever you are in our Region there’s a site near you.
“The first 20 groups to register a site have received a $25 Coles voucher to help in hosting a BBQ to celebrate their efforts – so you might even snag a sausage if you head along.
“As well as the events this Sunday, nine schools in the Region have registered and will be carrying out their clean up activities prior to or after the official day which is fantastic.
“We are fortunate enough to live in a truly beautiful part of the world, and this is a wonderful opportunity to really pitch in as a community and help keep it that way.
“I’m looking forward to visiting as many clean up sites as possible this Sunday and getting involved wherever I can.”
To join a site near you head along to the Clean Up Australia Day website and search your postcode: www.cleanup.org.au
Clean up site meeting places:
- Mt Morgan – 1 Railway Parade at 8.30am (hosted by Mount Morgan Promotion and Development Inc)
- Gracemere – Scout Den on 2 James St at 8am (hosted by Gracemere Scouts)
- Rockhampton CBD – Flow Centre under Old Post Office Building on cnr East & Denham Sts at 8am (hosted by Fitzroy Basin Association)
- Rockhampton Riverbank (south side) – Victoria Parade riverbank car park next to Old bridge at 7:30am ( hosted by Rotary)
- Rockhampton Riverbank (north side) – Queens Park carpark at 9am
- Moores Creek – Yewdale Park on cnr of Yaamba & Moores Crk roads at 8am (hosted by Pathfinders Youth Group)
- North Rockhampton – Eddie Baker Park at 8:30am (hosted by North Rocky Playground Clean-up Community Team)
- Mt Archer – Car park on Pilbeam Drive at 8:30am (hosted by Mt Archer Scouts)