Public Notice - Approved Biosecurity Surveillance Program
Published on 27 July 2019
Biosecurity Act 2014
Survey Area: Property inspections will be conducted throughout the Rockhampton Regional Council area focusing on the localities of Pink Lily, Alton Downs, Nine Mile, Fairy Bower, Gracemere, Kabra, Bouldercombe, Midgee, Port Curtis, Depot Hill, Lakes Creek, Koongal, The Common, Stanwell, Kalapa and Bushley.
Area Selection Criteria: The focus areas are a portion of Rockhampton Regional Council for which inspections by authorised persons within two years are considered a priority for identifying invasive plants and animals in accordance with Council's Biosecurity Plan for Pest Management 2017-2021 that has application to this area.
- Monitor compliance with the requirements of the Biosecurity Act 2014
- Confirm the presence or absence, and finding the extent of the presence of the Biosecurity matter
- Monitoring effects of measures taken in response to a biosecurity risk
- Monitoring compliance with the requirements about prohibited or restricted matter
- Monitoring levels of biosecurity matter or levels of biosecurity matter in a carrier.
Properties Inspected: Inspections will be conducted on urban and rural properties within the above stated areas.
Commencement and Duration of Survey: This survey will commence on Monday 19 August 2019 and will be in force for a period of two years expiring on Wednesday 18 August 2021. Properties will be inspected from 7.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Availability: A copy of the biosecurity program authorisation is available for free inspection or purchase for $3.00 at any of Rockhampton Regional Council Customer Service Centre's until the end of the program.
By resolution of Rockhampton Regional Council on 9 July 2019
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER ROCKHAMPTON REGIONAL COUNCIL