Further public area closures
Published on 25 March 2020
Rockhampton Regional Council has today closed public wet play areas and BBQs as part of its ongoing response to the coronavirus situation, and will be installing signage at playgrounds encouraging people not to use the equipment.
The measures include:
- Riverside Precinct water jets and waterfall
- Cedric Archer Park wet play area
- Kershaw Gardens wet play area
- All public BBQs turned off
- Signage discouraging use at all playgrounds
While it is impractical for playgrounds and play equipment to be fenced off, Council is advising the public that nobody should be using or touching this equipment.
Other public wet play areas which are inside the grounds of public pools are already closed.
Click here for all the latest information on the COVID-19 situation in the Rockhampton Region.