CQ Home Assist
CQ Home Assist Secure is a program jointly funded by State and Federal Governments. It provides services, such a minor maintenance, for older people and people with disabilities who wish to remain living in their own home.
In Central Queensland the program is delivered by Rockhampton Regional Council into the local government areas of Central Queensland including: Rockhampton, Gladstone, Central Highlands, Livingstone and Banana Shires. A central office is located in Rockhampton.
Services offered include:
- free information and referrals
- subsidised assistance to eligible clients
- maintenance, repairs, minor modifications and home security
- assistance with coordinating tradespeople, contracting experts, or planning future work.
Home Assist Secure is available for residents aged 60 years and over, or people of any age with a disability.
To receive subsidised assistance for work in your home you must:
- hold a current Commonwealth Government pensioner concession card or be deemed HACC eligible through an ONI assessment
- be unable to make use of alternative forms of assistance such as Veterans Affairs, family or friends.
CQ Home Assist Secure does not undertake maintenance or repairs that are considered to be the responsibility of the landlord (lessor) under the Residential Tenancies Act.
201 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton
||Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm, Closed Saturday and Sunday
||07 4936 8522 or freecall 1800 22 33 01
||07 4936 8844