EOI: Brisbane Art Industry Immersion Program
Rockhampton Art Gallery in conjunction with Regional Arts Development Fund, has established a Brisbane Art Industry Immersion program to be held in January 2020. This opportunity will enrich participating Rockhampton Region artists’ knowledge and awareness for metropolitan visual art industries through travel to Brisbane and visits to Brisbane cultural institutions.
Rockhampton Art Gallery is leading a 3-Day immersive program, whereby 6 artists or arts workers directly involved in supporting the practice of artists, will travel to Brisbane to visit a range of cultural institutions. This program will by led by Rockhampton Art Gallery staff, who will guide the experience, facilitate discussion, and provide networking opportunities.
Following the 3-Day Immersive opportunity, the six artists or arts workers will participate in a panel discussion, chaired by Rockhampton Art Gallery, from which a discussion will be held that explores experiences, findings and opportunities for the Rockhampton Region. These experience and outcomes will be shared through Council media releases, Rockhampton Art Gallery social media and radio interviews. Funding attained through a RADF Project will directly contribute towards paying involved artists or arts workers for their time in accordance with the National Association for Visual Artists award standards, flights from Rockhampton to Brisbane, per diems and local travel whilst in Brisbane.
Rockhampton Art Gallery is seeking 6 artists or arts workers living in the Rockhampton Region. Interested candidates must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) via the below linked form. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will submit a cover letter, outlining their:
- Interest in contemporary art projects and desire to learn about the development of Artist Run Initiatives.
- Ability to deliver diverse arts projects, and experience in collaborating with a variety of people.
- Commitment to professional development.
Additionally, the candidate must:
- Be available to participate in the 3-Day Artist Immersion Program, from Wednesday 29 January until Friday 31 January 2020.
- Be available to participate in a panel discussion following the experience on Thursday 6 February, and other media and publicity opportunities in February 2020.
- Hold public liability insurance up to $20M.
- Have an ABN or a completed Statement by Supplier form.
For an application to be considered, the applicant must comply with the following requirements:
- The application to the opportunity must be completed in full and submitted.
- The application is lodged to Rockhampton Art Gallery no later than 3pm Thursday 2 January 2020.
NOTE: Employees of Rockhampton Art Gallery and Rockhampton Regional Council who derive their primary income from Rockhampton Art Gallery and any of their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Contractors and volunteers are not determined as employees.
Click here to view form.
For Any Questions Contact:
Rockhampton Art Gallery | Ph: 07 4936 8248| E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Regional Arts Development Fund is a partnership between the Queensland Government and Rockhampton Regional Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.