Artist Opportunity: Art Commissions for Rockhampton Museum of Art
Applications are now open for Central Queensland artists to exhibit newly commissioned artworks with Rockhampton Museum of Art in 2021.
Rockhampton Art Gallery in preparation for the Rockhampton Museum of Art seeks to engage three artists from the Central Queensland region to produce artwork commissions. These three artwork commissions will encapsulate the artists' practice through creative place making that responds to the architecture of the newly developed Rockhampton Museum of Art building. This commissioning process will ensure artists who work in the region are at the forefront of Rockhampton Museum of Art and represented clearly during opening celebrations.
The artists will work collaboratively with Rockhampton Art Gallery to foster both conceptual and practical development. Artist professional development and upskilling will be provided, in addition to an artist fee of $10,000 (GST inclusive).
The successful Commissioner/s will:
- Hold public liability insurance ($20 million).
- Reside in any of the following Central Queensland regions: Rockhampton, Livingstone, Gladstone, Banana, Woorabinda, Central Highlands, Isaac, Barcaldine, Blackall-Tambo, Longreach, Winton, Barcoo, Diamantina and Boulia.
- Not derive their principal income from Rockhampton Regional Council.
- Hold an established arts practice.
Click here(PDF, 3MB)to download the full Artist Opportunity Call Out.
- Applications will close 3pm Monday 21 September.
- Any application received after the closing date will be deemed non-compliant and disqualified by Rockhampton Regional Council (in its absolute discretion) from the assessment process.
- For an application to be considered, the applicant must ensure documentation is completed in full.
- Applications must be lodged with Rockhampton Regional Council electronically via email to email@example.com.
- Applications must be submitted in an acceptable format (such as PDF, Excel or Word).
For any questions please contact Madeline Brewer, Curatorial Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 4936 8178.
This project was made possible by the Australian Government’s Regional Arts Fund, provided through Regional Arts Australia, administered in Queensland by Flying Arts Alliance.