Terms and conditions: Ticket sales
TICKETS TO WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS AT ROCKHAMPTON ART GALLERY ARE SOLD SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
1. Bookings are final upon payment. No refunds or exchanges except in accordance with the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice (fees will apply if refund/exchange is granted).
2. Where payment covers several workshops, no refunds or exchanges can be given for missed classes or discounts for joining the program late.
3. Tickets sold by the venue as the authorised seller are intended for the use by the purchaser and not to be resold through ticket resell websites such as Viagogo, Ebay, Gumtree etc. Tickets purchased from these websites may be invalid and entry to the workshop may be refused.
4. Every patron must have a valid ticket. The right of admission is reserved.
5. If an outdoor workshop is cancelled due to adverse weather or for any other cause reasonably beyond the seller's control, there is no right to refund or exchange and no obligation is assumed by the seller for the arranging of a substitute service, event or performance.
6. Patrons purchasing tickets at a discount price online (such as Friend of the Gallery, student, pensioner, concession) must carry relevant ID for the event. Failure to produce appropriate ID may result in the patron being charged the full price for the ticket.
7. The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute artists/artist educators and to vary advertised programs as necessary.
8. Rockhampton Regional Council assumes no responsibility for the error, omission, deletion, defect, delay in transmission, or line failure.
9. Healthy Living Passes are valid for Yoga in the Gallery and Pilates among the Paintings classes. They cannot be used for other workshops or events.
10. Healthy Living Passes are valid for use by the named person on the card only, and cannot be transferred between individuals.
11. Healthy Living Passes are valid for up to seven Yoga in the Gallery and/or Pilates among the Paintings classes for an eight-week period from the date of purchase. Refunds or exchanges cannot be given for missed classes.
12. Upon purchasing ticket, patron agrees to adhere to current COVID-19 guidelines outlined in the COVID safe plan for each event as required.
13. Patrons who are unwell, or who have a high temperature, cannot attend the event. Refunds will be provided to patrons who contact the Art Gallery prior to the event start time. Refunds will not be issued for patrons who are asked to leave the venue, or to those who advise of illness after the event date.
14. Force Majeure: Neither party is in breach of this agreement or liable to the other party for any loss incurred as a direct result of failing or being prevented from holding a function from events, circumstances or causes beyond the affected party’s control including but not limited to: acts of god, fire, flood, war, drought, earthquake, cyclone, civil disturbance, virus outbreak, pandemic, epidemic, plague or acts of government. An act of government includes any action taken by a government or public authority, including prohibition of entry into a country or region, implementing quarantine measures, ordering the lockdown of the whole or part of a country or the issuing of a public health direction or law which prohibits the operation of particular public venues. If a force majeure event occurs, the affected party must notify the other party in writing as soon as practicable and the notice must state the particulars of the force majeure event. This agreement will end immediately upon receipt of that notice.