CQ METS Accelerator Program 2021 Completion
The 2021 CQ METS Accelerator Program has successfully come to a close, with a final Pitch Event for the nine graduates taking place on 12 October 2021.
The program offered Queensland businesses and scale-ups the skills to build their business capabilities and confidently use modern business techniques and frameworks to accelerate commercial outcomes.
Experienced mining executive, Marcus Lang, facilitated the 10-week program which detailed the different phases of the mining process from Pit to Port, and explored potential customers and opportunities within the mining industry, coal, metals and quarries.
Industry representatives joined some of the sessions to give insights into different aspects of the METS sector and provide mentoring to the cohort. Through an affiliation with two local Toastmasters groups, a number of weeks were devoted to ‘pitching your product’ and teaching participants how to refine their delivery and determine their value proposition. The subsequent refinement of ideas and operating systems and the participants’ ability to successfully communicate and pitch their business to external stakeholders, has dramatically improved the potential commercial outcomes for graduates.
From here, business owners will continue to build skills to develop their product/service ideas, expand their customer base and establish ongoing and sustainable business models.
Congratulations to the following graduates:
- AMM Product Development (Andrew Goodlet) - Professional Mechanical Engineering services to the mining industry [https://ammproductdevelopment.com]
- Average AF (Jody Lowe) - Health and Wellness App [https://www.facebook.com/AverageAFandtheWOWfactor]
- Skopit (John Bowey) - Structural Steel Clamping System [https://www.skopitminingservices.com]
- Delta Fluidpower (Travis Key & Ben Ellis) - Dual Input Flow Meter Assembly (DIFMA) [https://www.deltafluidpower.com.au]
- Mindset Development Coaching (Steven Brown) - Life Coaching services to the mining industry [https://www.facebook.com/MindsetDC/]
- Onsite Training Australia (Nathan Corbett) - Leadership training services to the mining industry [https://onsitetraining.com.au]
- Projects One Safety Online (Wendy Bishop) - Online safety application, web platform and mobile application [https://www.projectsonesafety.online]
- Retrocast (Peter Glennie) - 3D Printing services and reverse engineering [https://www.retrocast.com.au]
- Supanova (Ian Wiltshire and Neil Faulkner) - MERS Emissions control products for non road diesel engines [https://www.supanova.net.au]
The fully funded program was supported by the Queensland Government, METS Ignited, the SmartHub, Rockhampton Regional Council and Asset Management Australia.
For further information please contact the SmartHub on 4936 8444 or email@example.com