Development Incentives Policy
The purpose of Council’s 2021 Development Incentives Policy is to deliver significant and sustainable economic development and growth outcomes for the Rockhampton Region and further provide tangible financial and non-financial support for projects with the following land uses:
- Medical, Health and Community Services
- Destination Tourism Facility
- Educational and Training Establishment
- Aged Care and Retirement Facility
- Farm Stay Accommodation
- Multiple Dwelling
- Resources Sector
The Development Incentives Policy seeks to attract and support projects that will deliver great economic benefits to the Rockhampton Regional Council Local Government Area.
The current Development Incentives Policy applies to development applications made between 1 January 2021 and 31 December 2021. Projects must be completed within three years of the development application being approved by Council.
This program does not replace the function or application of Adopted Infrastructure Charge Resolution (No. 5) as No.s 2-4 will not be applicable.
Read the Development Incentives Policy - 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021(PDF, 333KB)
Read the Development Incentives Policy 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 Application Form(PDF, 249KB)
Reconfiguration of a Lot Incentives Policy
Council's Reconfiguration of a Lot Incentives Policy applies to large scale reconfiguration of a lot approvals and is designed to deliver significant and sustainable economic development and growth outcomes for the region. Eligible developers will have the opportunity to:
- have any applicable infrastructure charges allocated to each lot; or
- defer the payment of the agreed infrastructure charges until either ownership of the lot is transferred or within two years of a new title being created for the lot (whichever is the earliest).
Read the Reconfiguration of a Lot Incentives Policy(PDF, 52KB).