Pilot Dining Platform Program
As part of the continued collaboration between Rockhampton Regional Council, local businesses and property owners to revitalise the Rockhampton CBD and Region. Council has established a Dining Platform Pilot Program for Food and Beverage Businesses around the region to have the opportunity to extend their permitted footpath dining onto the road reserve through the establishment of a safe platform located over existing car parking spaces.
The program will see a small number of parallel parking spaces transformed into additional service areas for cafes and bars.
The Dining Platform Program is aimed to increase the local outdoor dining experiences and bring great energy and atmosphere to our City and our region.
Key benefits of the Pilot Dining Platform Program
- Promote the viability of food and beverage businesses;
- Create new and interesting public places to experience dining out;
- Build local community and civic pride among the business community and people of Rockhampton.
- Encourage activation of the streetscape with increased pedestrian activity
- Provide additional public seating, landscaping and public art
- The use of outdoor dining platforms are low-cost and easily implemented
More information and eligibility
To learn more about the program, download the information package or contact either Taylor Williams on 4936 8926 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cameron Wyatt on 4936 8535 or email at Cameron.email@example.com.
Dining Platform Pilot Information Package(PDF, 6MB)
Commercial Use of a Road Permit – Footpath Dining(PDF, 2MB)
How to apply?
Email your completed Dining Platform Pilot Expressions of Interest Form(PDF, 126KB) along with all supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or Cameron.email@example.com.
Please note: Applications for expressions of interest close at 5.00pm – 3 November 2017