Adani Carmichael Fast Facts
MINE: Galilee Basin, 160 km north-west of Clermont
RAILWAY LINE: from the mine to Moranbah, where it will join the existing Goonyella rail system, connecting to coal terminals at the Port of Hay Point (Dudgeon Point expansion) and the Port of Abbot Point.
Open-cut and underground coal mine with a yield of 60 million tonnes per annum and a railway line.
- Six open-cut pits and five underground mines
- Five mine infrastructure areas
- Railway line
- Coal handling and processing plant
- Heavy industrial area
- Water-supply infrastructure
- Off-site infrastructure, including workers’ accommodation village and airport
- Construction activities for mine infrastructure: mine workers accommodation village, airport, power and construction water supply
- Construction of the first open-cut pit
- Construction of the first underground mine
- Open-cut and underground mining will commence in the northern part of the project site initially with the southern part developed in the later stages of the project
NUMBER OF JOB CREATIONS
- 2,475 during construction phase (1,075 for the mine and 1,400 for the rail and quarries)
- 3,920 during production phase (3,800 for the mine and 120 for the rail)
- Supply chain impact / economic impact
- At full export capacity the project is expected to contribute $2.97 billion annually to the Queensland economy
POTENTIAL SERVICES REQUIRED:
CAMPSITE CONSTRUCTION: civil engineering, surveying, civil earthworks, electrical, building, carpentry, plant operations and metal fabrication.
CAMPSITE OPERATIONS: accommodation services, food and beverage services and cleaning services.
CARMICHAEL AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION: heavy and civil engineering, surveying, heavy machinery and plant operations.
RAILWAY LINE CONSTRUCTION: heavy and civil engineering, surveying, heavy machinery and plant operations.
MINE CONSTRUCTION: geologists, environmental scientists, heavy and civil engineering, mine surveying, plant operations, mechanical services and mine site cleaning.
MINE PRODUCTION: mining operators, mining engineering, mining maintenance services, heavy machinery, plant operations, mechanical services, mine site cleaning, fabrication services and training and development services, environmental services.