Facade Improvement Scheme
Rockhampton Regional Council has developed a Façade Improvement Scheme to encourage property and business owners with defined areas in the Rockhampton CBD(PDF, 359KB) and Mount Morgan Centre(PDF, 255KB) to invest in façade renovations and shopfront improvements using Council funded grants.
One grant per property, being up to 50% of façade improvement costs to a maximum of $5,000 (inclusive of GST), will be available to property and business owners when undertaking eligible works. Funding will be allocated on a case-by-case basis subject to Council approval until an allocated budget has been spent or the scheme year has ended.
The Scheme promotes the use of local businesses and tradespeople, obtained through an expression of interest process, who specialise in shopfront design and refurbishment. Click here to see a list of local businesses who have nominated their interest.
Benefits of the Façade Improvement Scheme
- Promote the viability of retail and commercial businesses;
- Help building owners to attract and retain tenants;
- Contribute to the quality of life of residents, workers and visitors to the area;
- Make shopping streets more inviting and interesting places to work and shop; and
- Build local community and civic pride among the business community and people of the Rockhampton region.
More information and eligibility
To learn more about the scheme and find out if your business or property is eligible, download the Façade Improvement Scheme Information Package(PDF, 4MB) or contact Advance Rockhampton on 4932 9000 or 1300 22 55 77 or email email@example.com.
How to apply
Email your completed Facade Improvement Scheme Application Form(PDF, 137KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org