Historical and contemporary materials relating to the local area are maintained at the local History Centre located at the Central Queensland collection of the Rockhampton Regional Library.
The History Centre at the Rockhampton Regional Library provides a range of research materials for local and family history including:
- indexes to births, deaths, marriages and our cemeteries
- pioneer, shipping and immigration records
- online databases
- a family and local history book collection.
The History Centre Archives Collection includes:
- printed materials, audio/video cassettes and oral histories
- maps, plans and photographs
- records of families, business firms, sporting and other community groups.
Our friendly staff will assist you with accessing materials, research tips, or using equipment, or can research for you for a fee.
History Research Request Form(PDF, 140KB)
The History Centre holds a significant collection of photographs relating to Central Queensland, covering the period from early settlement to the present. The collection includes:
- Approximately 55,000 Mercer Studio negatives of local people, places and events from 1932 – 1995
- Approximately 300,000 Morning Bulletin negatives/proof sheets from 1971 - 1997
For information about resources, research, donations or programs for the History Centre please phone 07 4936 8040.