Land based recreational fishing platforms
Fishers in the Rockhampton Region can look forward to casting a line from four new land based fishing platforms. Through extensive public consultation during the process of developing Council's Recreational Fishing Development Strategy one clear priority for the community was the creation of designated fishing spots across the region which has now been delivered.
Fishing platforms competed in the following locations:
- Donovan Park, Lakes Creek Road, Koongal
- At the end of Lucius/Wharf Street, Depot Hill
- Queens Park, Glenmore Road, Park Avenue
- Ski Gardens, West Rockhampton
Works are currently underway on the disabled access paths associated with the new fishing platform on Donovan Park.
- The platforms will formalise the existing fishing areas, and ensure the banks are protected from erosion.
- High priority identified from community consultation when developing the Recreational Fishing Development Strategy.
This project was funded by Works for Queensland (Round 3).