Find out your bin day
Residents receive a weekly general waste collection service and a fortnightly recycling collection service of their bins. Wheelie bins are collected every day of the year, including Christmas Day.
As recycling wheelie bins are collected fortnightly, your property is scheduled as a Week 1 or Week 2. Use this Recycling Collection Calendar as a helpful reminder of which week we are up to.
Find out your bin day and your scheduled recycling collection week by calling Customer Service on (07) 4932 9000 or 1300 22 55 77.
Wheelie bin collection
Rockhampton Regional Waste and Recycling issues general waste wheelie bins and recycling wheelie bins to residents living in declared collection areas including Rockhampton, Gracemere, Mount Morgan, Stanwell, Bouldercombe, Westwood, Gogango, Bajool, Marmor, Kabra, and Pink Lily.
Residents in declared collection areas receive a weekly general waste bin collection service and a fortnightly recycling bin collection service. Find out what can be put in your general waste and recycling wheelie bins.
Wheelie bin information is available in this Wheelie Bin Collection Service brochure(PDF, 2MB).
We aim to provide an efficient and timely collection service. Please assist us by ensuring you follow the below tips when placing your bins out for collection.
Your bin will be collected if you:
- Place bins at least 30cm apart on the kerbside
- Make sure the wheels are facing your property in two way streets
- Place bins at least 1 metre away from parked vehicles and other obstacles
- Place bins away from low hanging trees
- Place bins out the night before the day of collection.
Place your bins out the night before collection, and bring them back in after 6pm on the day of collection. Storage of wheelie bins permanently on the street is not permitted.
Your bin will not be collected if it is:
- Overfull (the lid cannot be closed or the waste is not wholly contained)
- Unable to be accessed due to incorrect positioning or obstacles
- Heavier than 85kg and unable to be lifted
- Not presented for collection at the time of service
- Contaminated with hazardous waste
- Missing the appropriate identification sticker.
During the collection service, every effort will be made to empty the mobile bin. However, if the mobile bin has been packed in a way that prevents emptying of the contents, the resident will be responsible for the cost of an additional service.
Missed bin collections
If your bin was presented correctly and you did not receive your scheduled collection service, please contact us within one working day to arrange a missed service collection.
Upon approval of your request, your bin will be serviced within the next two working days.