Add a bin service

Domestic and commercial operators may request an additional general waste and/or recycling collection or service, or may request to cancel a collection or service.

Additional bin collections and services can be applied for by completing and submitting the Wheelie Bin Collection Services Form from the Waste and Recycling Customer Forms to one of Council’s Customer Service Centres.

Adding a one off additional mobile bin collection
  • Must be paid up front, prior to the scheduled collection date
  • Domestic properties can only receive the extra collection on the same day as their current service.
Adding a temporary wheelie bin service
  • Must be paid up front, prior to the scheduled collection date
  • Available only to those who already receive a yearly service
  • Available for a period of two weeks up to three months.
Adding a brand new wheelie bin service for a new property
  • Charges will be included in your rates notice
  • Must be located within a declared collection area.
Adding an additional wheelie bin service for the year
  • Charges will be included in your rates notice
  • Available only to those who already receive a yearly service
  • Residents renting a property must have their form submitted by the property owner or Real Estate agent.

Bin collections and services can also be cancelled by completing and submitting the Mobile Bin Kerbside Collection Services Form to one of Council’s Customer Service Centres. A minimum of 10 working days is required to cancel the service, upon receipt of application. Charges will cease from the date the bins are removed.

Cancelling a domestic wheelie bin service
  • The minimum service of one waste and one recycling bin must remain for a domestic residence, OR
  • The domestic premise must be declared as an uninhabitable dwelling by Council, or demolished.
Cancelling a commercial wheelie bin service
  • Must submit proof with the application that an approved waste removal entity has been engaged to replace Council’s waste service
  • If recommencing the service an establishment fee will be included in the rates notice.

Bin service assistance, repairs or replacement

Bin service assistance

Rockhampton Regional Waste and Recycling provides an assisted service to residents who are unable to place their wheelie bins out for collection due to medical conditions. The service includes the retrieval and return of the bin from an agreed location within the property boundary.

To receive this service, please provide us with a current medical certificate/letter from a general practitioner or medical professional indicating that you are unable to place the mobile bin out for collection. An updated medical certificate/letter must be provided each financial year for ongoing services.

The assisted service will commence within ten working days of the application being approved by Council.

Please contact us should you wish to submit an application.

Bin repairs and replacement

If your wheelie bin is either stolen, removed, vandalised or is damaged, please contact Rockhampton Regional Waste and Recycling. 

Please contact us to organise the repair or replacement of a wheelie bin.