General waste refers to general everyday household waste that can be placed in your general waste wheelie bin. General waste wheelie bins have a red or dark green lid.
What goes in your general waste wheelie bin:
- Meat trays
- Plastic bags
- Wrapping film
- Small broken household items
- Broken crockery, pyrex glassware and mirrors (wrapped for safety)
- Polystyrene foam
- Garden clippings (bagged when able). Please note that green waste can be disposed of free of charge at the Lakes Creek Road Waste Management Facility.
- Disposable nappies.
Do not put :
- Items weighing over 85kg
- Car and household batteries and lightbulbs
- Paints, oils, chemical and liquids
- Gas bottles and cylinders
- Syringes and medical waste
- Hazardous waste
Find out about general waste wheelie bin collections. General waste items can also be taken to our Waste Management Facilities.