Community Recycling Centre
Drive through area is staffed 7days a week, 7am to 5pm at Lakes Creek Road Waste Management Facility.
While there’s a charge for residents to dispose of general waste at the landfill, it’s free to recycle a lot of items, so it makes absolute sense to separate out your items and drive through the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) first.
By making it as easy as possible for customers to quickly understand where to drive, what to separate, and where to go for assistance, it means that more people will be able to save money and make a responsible choice, without sacrificing their time.
Items that can be recycled for free or at reduced charges include:
- E-waste (computers, TVs, printers, Keyboards and mouse and all cables, mobile phones)
- Scrap metal and some white goods (car parts, offcuts, microwave, stove) - note refrigerated appliances incur a fee
- Car batteries
- Gas bottles and cylinders
- Fire extinguishers (water, CO2 and powder only)
- EPIRBs and flares
- Bulk cardboard
- Commingled recyclables
- Paint (architectural paint, undercoats, deck coatings, stains, varnishes)
- Domestic cooking or motor oils (20L quantity or less)
- Garden organic waste fees apply
- Tyres fees apply
- Inner spring mattresses fees apply
- Items with potential for re-sale at our reuse store, Reviva Ibis
This is a shared zone for pedestrians and vehicles, so it’s also absolutely important that this area is as safe as possible.
The CRC includes pictograms, directional signs, line marking and colour coding designed to make it simple, safe and fast for residents to separate their materials and recycle effectively.