E-waste is the term used for unwanted or unused electronic goods. E-waste can be recycled into new electronic goods. It cannot be placed in your wheelie bin. E-waste can be disposed of for free at the following Waste Management Facilities:
- Lakes Creek Road
Items accepted include:
- Personal and laptop computers (any brand) including monitors, internal hard drives, CD drives
- Computer accessories e.g. mice, keyboards, web cameras, USBs, modems, all cables
- Tablets, notebooks, palmtops
- Printers, faxes, scanners
Items NOT accepted include:
- Game consoles
- Video recorders and DVD
- Whitegoods and household appliances
- Power tools
- Non-computer batteries
- Radios and stereo equipment.
Officeworks also accepts e-waste and customers can take up to five items from computer systems including; desktops, laptops, computer mice, monitors, printers, scanners, multifunction printers, keyboards, computer power supplies, printed circuit boards, motherboards, network cards, disks and CD drives. Items not accepted include; televisions, gaming consoles and electronic games, software, digital cameras, electronic equipment, videos and hi-fi equipment. Monitors with broken screens if they can’t be safely handled by our team members.