Top tips for Wheelie Bins
We aim to provide an efficient and timely collection service. Please assist us by ensuring you follow the below tips when placing your bins out for collection.
Your bin will be collected if you:
- Place bins at least 30cm apart on the kerbside
- Make sure the wheels are facing your property in two way streets
- Place bins at least 1 metre away from parked vehicles and other obstacles
- Place bins away from low hanging trees
- Place bins out the night before the day of collection.
Place your bins out the night before collection, and bring them back in after 6pm on the day of collection. Storage of wheelie bins permanently on the street is not permitted.
Your bin will not be collected if it is:
- Overfull (the lid cannot be closed or the waste is not wholly contained)
- Unable to be accessed due to incorrect positioning or obstacles
- Heavier than 85kg and unable to be lifted
- Not presented for collection at the time of service
- Contaminated with hazardous waste
- Missing the appropriate identification sticker.
During the collection service, every effort will be made to empty the mobile bin. However, if the mobile bin has been packed in a way that prevents emptying of the contents, the resident will be responsible for the cost of an additional service.