Botanical Gardens Pathways Project
Rockhampton Regional Council is upgrading the existing clay paver paths with a permeable long lasting pavement.
- Replace existing clay paver paths with concrete pathways and permeable paving.
- Widened path for all-abilities access
Short-term impacts during works
Minor closures of pathways while works completed
- Permeable paving encourages water to infiltrate through the pavement surface and substructure to the ground below, easing the pressure on these already overburdened systems.
- Allows water and air to access to roots of vegetation
- Water and air circulation can assist in reducing heat island effects
- A wider pathway to accommodate people using prams, mobility scooters and wheelchairs
- A wider pathway to allow for turning and passing
- Renewed pathways will improve general accessibility to the public
- To be commenced by: 17 August 2020
- Awarded contractor: GT Jeffrey's
- To be completed by: June 2021
- Budget: $450,000
- Funding: Works for Queensland (Round 3)
*Schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen weather, site and contractor conditions.
Thank you to all residents for your cooperation and patience during these works.