Fitzroy River Water offers pre-booked tours of the Glenmore Water Treatment Plant to schools and community groups. The tours are a unique opportunity for visitors to delve into the world of water.
Topics covered during the tour include:
- Water supply in the Rockhampton Region
- Water quality and monitoring
- The water cycle
- Water conservation
- The Source, Store, Treat, Supply water journey – where does the water come from?
- Water treatment.
To book a tour you must:
A member of the Fitzroy River Water Administration Team will contact you within 10 days of receipt of your form to confirm your booking.
Conditions of tour
- Supervision ratio of one adult to ten children (1:10) or part thereof is required (Fitzroy River Water staff are not included in this ratio)
- Supervision/discipline is the responsibility of the adult group leaders
- Tours must be pre-booked at least four weeks in advance
- Tours run between 9am - 11am and 1pm - 4pm weekdays
- Tours are dependent on tour guide availability
- Tours take approximately one hour.
Before you arrive for your tour you must:
- Complete and return Indemnity Forms for all tour participants on the day of the tour. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of tour.
If you have any questions please contact the Fitzroy River Water Administration Team on 07 4932 9000 or 1300 22 55 77, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.