For assistance recovering from a disaster, telephone:

Rockhampton Regional Council LDCC Hotline on 1300 652 659. 

For life threatening emergencies telephone 000. 

For SES assistance call 132 500.

For non-emergency enquiries please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on 1300 22 55 77.

Contacts during Recovery

Loss of power

Report loss of power, fallen power lines and trees on power lines to:
Ergon Energy – 13 22 96

Support after a disaster

Australian Red Cross – 1800 733 111

Australian Red Cross Register.Find.Reunite

Australian Psychological Society - Managing Trauma

Contact the Community Recovery Line on 1800 173 349 or visit Queensland Government website. For Translator Interpreter Services phone 13 14 50 or National Relay Service 1300 555 727.

Health information after a disaster

Public Health Disaster Management Fact Sheets

Community Assistance and Volunteering

Donations: Please use current donation services within the community such as The Salvation Army, Lifeline, St Vincent de Paul Society, The Smith Family or Givit.

Volunteering:  If you would like to volunteer to help in disaster recovery, please contact Volunteering Queensland, a local emergency group or Council's Local Disaster Coordination Centre.

Government Assistance and Grants

Both the State and Federal Government offer individuals and businesses financial support to those who have been adversely affected after a disaster event; however, the approval of such funding is subject to a range of conditions. For further information and to check your eligibility, please click on the below links or access the contacts:

Australian Government Department of Human Services

Queensland Government Disaster Management - Financial Support

Queensland Government - Financial Assistance

Department of Agriculture and Fisheries - Disaster assistance

Community Recovery Line - 1800 173 349.

Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment Line - 180 22 66.

Insurance information

Contact your chosen insurance company with any enquiries related to your cover. 

Should you have any further enquiries, the Insurance Council of Australia  (ICA) is the representative body of the general insurance industry in Australia. 

The Queensland Building and Construction Commission - Insurance Information for Building Recovery Fact Sheet(PDF, 630KB)

Find a Local Contractor

The Queensland Building Construction Commission (QBCC) Find a Local Contractor directory makes it easier for you to access local contractors by allowing you to locate QBCC-licensed contractors in your local area by searching a nominated distance from your home.


For information on school closures either contact the school directly or visit Education Queensland's website:

Lost or found pets

Rockhampton Regional Council Animal Management Centre - 4936 8555

Mount Morgan Pound Facility - 4932 9051