South Rockhampton Flood Levee
Reason for the Community Engagement
The engagement is to ensure that there is a thorough discussion with affected property owners, local stakeholder groups, the wider community, Federal and State Government agencies on the proposed South Rockhampton Flood Levee.
- Stage 1: Preliminary consultation on the proposed levee. Timeframe: August 2013 - December 2013. Completed.
- Stage 2: Options Analysis Workshop with Stakeholders. Timeframe: February 2014. Completed.
- Stage 3: Detailed levee plan provided to community. May 2014. Completed.
- Stage 4: Undertake land holder and community survey. June 2014. Completed.
Who should be involved
- Landholders and residents in/around the proposed levee (Depot Hill and Port Curtis)
- The broader Rockhampton Regional Community
How to have your say
Community engagement on the proposed South Rockhampton Flood Levee has been completed.
South Rockhampton Flood Levee Community Engagement Report.(PDF, 482KB)
64.2% - Yes, I support the construction of the South Rockhampton Flood Levee
35.8% - No, I do not support the construction of the South Rockhampton Flood Levee
65.3% - Support for levee
34.7% - Unsure / unsupportive of levee
Councillors have been provided report findings coupled with hydrology reports. At this present stage there is no funding for this project.