Rockhampton Region Planning Scheme
Reason for the Community Engagement
The Council's planning scheme needs to be updated to reflect the amalgamated Council areas in one overall scheme. The planning scheme provides the guidelines for the development of our Region and communities are encouraged to help in its direction.
- Stage 1: Planning Studies. Timeframe: 2010. Completed.
- Stage 2: Community engagement on the direction of the community (Community Plan).Timeframe: 2010/2011. Completed.
- Stage 3: Draft Strategic Framework. Timeframe: 2012. Completed.
- Stage 4: Community engagement on strategic directions for land use for various areas. Timeframe: 2012. Completed.
- Stage 5: Draft Planning Scheme. Timeframe: 2013. Completed.
- Stage 6: First State Interest Check. Timeframe: 2013. Completed.
- Stage 7: Formal Public Notification and Community Consultation. Timeframe: 2014. Completed.
- Stage 8: Response to Submission and potential amendments. Timeframe 2015. Completed.
- Stage 9: Final drafting and Council adoption. Timeframe: 2015. Upcoming.
Who should be involved
- Property owners and residents within Rockhampton Regional Council area
- Business owners
- Major Industry
- Community Groups
How to have your say
The formal consultation period for the proposed Rockhampton Region Planning Scheme concluded Friday 12 September 2014.
The consultation period for the proposed Rockhampton Region Planning Scheme ran from Monday 7 July 2014 to Friday 12 September 2014.
All properly made submissions were considered by the Council and as appropriate, changes made to the proposed Planning Scheme. Each submitter received an individual submission response and a summary of the submissions will be made available online upon Council resolution.
After all properly made submissions have been considered, and resulting changes made to the proposed Planning Scheme, Council may resolve to adopt the Rockhampton Region Planning Scheme following a final Ministerial review by the Minister for State Development, Infrastructure and Planning.