Sports, Parks, Active Recreation and Community Strategy consultation
Reason for the Community Engagement
The Council is developing a new Sport, Parks, Active Recreation and Community (SPARC) Strategy to update and replace the Regional Open Space Plan (ROSP, October 2010) and Regional Playground Strategy (2010).
The SPARC Strategy is a core directional document for Council; it will guide planning, development and delivery of sport, parks and recreational facilities within the Rockhampton region over the next 10 years.
For more information on SPARC
- Community engagement will occur as part of a three stage process:
Stage 1 – Awareness raising
Stage 2 - Information collection (to support analysis, review and drafting of the Strategy)
Stage 3 - Feedback on the draft Strategy.
Engagement will include:
- Media releases (for Council website, social media and local media and newspapers). Completed
- Council website presence (project outline, FAQs, engagement plan, graphics, progress updates). Completed
- Flyer/questionnaire via Community Conversation meetings (Frenchville, Park Avenue, Berserker, Parkhurst, Rockhampton City, Gracemere, Mount Morgan, Alton Downs, Bajool, Bouldercombe and Wycarbah). October to November 2016. Completed.
- Community survey (online and at customer service centres) . Survey is closed. Completed.
- Sport and recreation club survey (online and workshop).
- Schools survey (via phone).
- Council staff (phone, email, workshop) via Internal Reference Group.
- Focus groups workshops and interviews with sport and recreation groups, Access and Equity Group, government agencies and State sporting organisations. Anticipate February 2017 - March 2017.
- Draft Strategy to undergo public exhibition and feedback (online and hardcopy) for four weeks. April 2017 - May 2017.
Who should be involved
- Residents, ratepayers of the Rockhampton Regional Council Area and users of SPARC services in Rockhampton Regional area.
To be released to the community after presentation to the Council.
Will be communicated after a decision by Council has been made.