Olive Street Material Change of Use - Relocation of Hockey
Reason for the Community Engagement
Rockhampton Regional Council intends to relocate the Rockhampton Hockey Association (RHA) to the Olive Street Council Reserve in Parkhurst.
As the intended use of the area is to be changed the State Government requires a Material Change of Use with legislated community consultation to be completed.
The following provides an overview and a map of the original proposal: Olive Street Correspondence.(PDF, 731KB)
Please note that this consultation process has now been completed.
- Material Change of Use Consultation period was held from (9 January 2017 to 20 February 2017). Community members were able to provide feedback through:
- An online submission form .
- Direct mail with submission form was sent to:
- Adjoining property owners
- Residents within a 625m radius of site
- Property owners / residents along the route to the proposed hockey site (Boundary Road, Norman Road, McMillan Ave)
- Businesses within 625m of site that would benefit from development e.g. motels, food outlets
- Rockhampton Hockey Association
- Parkhurst State School
- Individual meetings were also offered to affected persons.
Who should be involved
- Owners / residents within the Parkhurst area
- The Rockhampton community
- Hockey participants
- Local businesses
On 21 March 2017 a decision notice was issued for the Material Change of Use associated with the relocation of hockey to Olive Street.
Council Officers in conjunction with Rockhampton Hockey Association will proceed with the development of this project