The Fitzroy River Water Rockhampton Gardening Competition
Calling all weekend hobbyists, flower pruners, hedge trimmers, weed pickers and everyday gardeners.
The Region's garden competition nominations are now open for 2019! Be proud of your hard work and don't doubt how great your garden is!
You'll notice we've added a new category this year but the structure of the competition still remains strong to honour and recognise our Region's passionate gardeners.
Enter Your Garden Here or Download an Entry Form Here(PDF, 289KB)
For all terms, conditions and category descriptions click here
- Nominations open Thursday, 1 August 2019
- Nominations close Wednesday, 28 August 2019
- Judging 9, 10 and 11 September (please note your garden will be judged on only one of these dates)
- Presentation Friday 13 September – venue to be announced
- Bus Tour Sunday 15 September
For those interested in jumping on the bus tour of the winning gardens. Tickets will be available from 2nd September 2019. For more information visit the event listing here.
Thank you to everyone for nominating in previous years!
The 2018 winners:
- OVERALL GRAND CHAMPION - Cheryl and David Turner
- RUNNER UP OVERALL GRAND CHAMPIONS - Rob and Rod Sheppard
- Best Corporate Garden – Oak Tree Retirement Village
- Best Environmental/Sustainable Garden – Rob and Rod Sheppard
- Best Flower Garden – Cheryl and David Turner
- Best Food Garden – Bajool State School
- Best School Garden – The Hall State School
- Best Senior garden – Marion Collins
- Best Native Plants – Rupert Collins
- Best Young Gardener – Lily Brigg
Contact our Customer Service Centres, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 49329000 to speak to the team about entering this years gardening competition or sponsoring the event.