Lively Quay Street Programme
Quay Street, Rockhampton has a brand new Riverfront. To celebrate, Rockhampton Regional Council is inviting organisations and individuals to work with us to deliver a six month calendar of activities that showcase Quay Steet as the lively heart of Rockhampton.
The Lively Quay Street Grants programme will activate Quay Street and surrounds in 2017/18 through a range of events, festivals, installations, pop-ups, public classes, recreational and creative activities. Rockhampton Regional Council is looking to offer cash and in-kind grants for activities that demonstrate the broad possibilities of the site, test new ideas and can show an ability to be self-sufficient in the future. Download a copy of the Lively Quay Street Programme Guidelines.(PDF, 16MB)
14 August 2017
Applications open for events occurring between September 2017 and February 2018
28 August 2017
4 September 2017
Applicants notified of outcome of application
What are Lively Quay Street Grants for?
The Lively Quay Street Grants programme aims to:
- deliver a six month calendar of events and activities in Quay Street from September 2017 to February 2018 that celebrates the city
- create opportunities for artists, community and arts-based organisations and local traders to lead inspiring activities that contribute to a lively and engaged city
- foster local community ownership and draw the local community to the new Quay Street
- attract community and visitors to Quay Street throughout the year
What sort of activities are we looking for?
- community or cultural events
- music or performance events
- recreational activities
- interactive installations, including digital
- temporary public art activities
- free play activities
Who can apply for Lively Quay Street Grants?
Applicants must have a valid ABN and hold current public liability insurance.
How much funding is available?
Applications of up to a maximum of $5,000 cash (+GST if registered) and $3,000 of in-kind support will be accepted. In-kind support will be in the form of things such as:
- city road closures
- marketing assistance
- traffic control
What can be funded?
- activities or events that occur in Quay Street between William and Denham Street