Lively Morgan Street Programme
Applications are now open.
To speak to a staff member about applying for the Lively Morgan Street program please contact the Events Team on 07 4936 8005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A community canvas for you to colour…
Morgan Street, Mount Morgan streetscape has recently had a facelift, blending historic elements with modern facilities. To celebrate, Rockhampton Regional Council is inviting organisations and individuals to work with us to deliver a number of activities that showcase Morgan Street as the lively heart of Mount Morgan.
The Lively Morgan Street Grants programme will activate Morgan Street & surrounds in 2018/19 through a range of events, festivals installations, pop-ups, public classes, recreational & creative activities. Rockhampton Regional Council is looking to offer cash & in-kind grants for activities that demonstrate the broad possibilities of the site, test new ideas & can show an ability to be self-sufficient in the future. Download a copy of the Lively Morgan Street Programme Guidelines.(PDF, 6MB)
What are Lively Quay Street Grants for?
The Lively Morgan Street Grants programme aims to:
- deliver a number of events and activities in Morgan Street that celebrates the town
- create opportunities for artists, community and arts-based organisations and local traders to lead inspiring activities that contribute to a lively and engaged town
- foster local community ownership and draw the local community to the new Morgan Street
- attract community and visitors to Mount Morgan throughout the year
What sort of activities are we looking for?
- community or cultural events
- music or performance events
- recreational activities
- interactive installations, including digital
- temporary public art activities
- free play activities
Who can apply for Lively Quay Street Grants?
Applicants must have a valid ABN and hold current public liability insurance.
How much funding is available?
Applications of up to a maximum of $5,000 cash (+GST if registered) and $3,000 of in-kind support will be accepted. In-kind support will be in the form of things such as:
- city road closures
- marketing assistance
- traffic control
What can be funded?
- activities or events that occur in Morgan Street, between Central Street and East Street, Mount Morgan.